for reducing cost purpose outsouce debug / web dev to 3rd parties
mostly are wordpress sites.
The Normal way of outsourcing wordpress web develop / debug is likely to be
- clone a development version from live (production) environment
- removing or reset credentials ( such as re-config admin password from db, change username, wp-config.php values etc.)
- zip website & database and transfer to 3rd party developer
- replace/upload the modified file submitted by 3rd party developer to production server after dev/debug was done.
So Far what are the most effective ways to achieve the above production2none-sensitive-data-wordpress-site process with
- Minimal technology background / coding skills required (e.g related plugins for studying codes )
- more efficient ways than manually configure steps 1-2 (e.g automation shell scripts)
- leaking as less production information as possible to the 3rd parties
(don’t leak any cpanel , ftp, dbname, db username , replaced with dummy strings preferred.)
So the Fisrt step is try to know the right direction to scenario
Second, looking deeper into the code then ask more specific coding questions.