I changed the user folder name on my macbook, now I get a 404 when accessing a child page via localhost using my local apache2 server.
I can’t 100% guarantee this is what is causing my woes, but that is a major recent change – and since then I can’t load interior pages/posts.
Homepage loads, WordPress Admin works – just subpages.
Trouble-shooting so far:
- Saved Permalinks in the WordPress Admin to regenerate them
- Updated /etc/apache2/extra/httpd-vhost.conf
- Grepped /etc/apache2/ to verified no old username
- Restarted Apache (restarted my computer!)
- Grepped /Users/newuser recursively for old username
- Followed this post using functions.php and wp-config.php methods and regeneration steps
- Verified via phpinfo(); and /etc/apache2/httpd.conf that mod_rewrite is enabled
- .htaccess contains typical single site entry
Would be happy to hear from someone who’s found the secret key.
Read more here: Changed mac username, now WordPress permalinks not working