I need a some help for a what I think is a quick and relatively easy trick to set up using php : deal with WordPress and Pocket API to automate content curation on my hosted wordpress blog
I’m running a wordpress blog about various topics of my interest.
Besides this, I read a lot of content relative to these topics using a combination of Feedly and Pocket (a the read it later service).
Because I want to keep an organised and self-hosted archive of my good reads, I want to make my Pocket account and my WordPress blog to communicate efficiently.
Using the Pocket and WordPress API, I want to come up with the following solution :
When I mark a Pocket item as “favorite”, publish a new WordPress post with :
- Title = item title
- Content = image from the item (if exists), excerpt of the item + link to original content
- Tags = all the pocket tags that start with “#”
- Categories = all the pocket tags that do NOT start with “#”
- Status = ability to choose between draft or published
- The solution would ideally come up as a wordpress plugin. However, if you think about a better and simpler solution, it is OK. I don’t want to rely on third party services like IFTTT or Zapier. I need to have a full control on the code doing the trick.
Good to know
- I’ve already contacted the Pocket Support Team. They told me that this is achievable using their API
Thanks for the help you could provide me !