Hello everyone in the Stack Overflow community,
Before I give my detailed explanation of what I would like to know, I thought it would be useful to start with some key points which you can use to determine whether you want to stick around or not:
- Skyscanner API (NOT Whitelabel)
- WordPress self-hosted website
- User input > API input > API output > Calculations > Tailored output to user.
- Guidelines for beginner.
Sounds like you can contribute? Great! Let’s go more into detail…
So basically, I have an idea. It’s to offer an alternative way to look for travel options, different from conventional ways of booking a ticket.
Why? It came up in my head, it sounded like a good concept, and it presents a challenge which allows me to learn in the field of building a website and coding. That last part is what I write to you about.
I have done my research and I have a few things at hand already. These are:
- Skyscanner API key
- A self-hosted website
What remains unclear to me at this point, is specifically how to integrate the two. I understand the website can request information (quotes, destinations, carriers, etc.) through the API, and receives them through the API.
- What (coding) language do they speak in to each other?
- Is this even technically possible on the WordPress.org platform?
- Where do I start, and what would be the logical steps in such a project?
Yes, this is quite a broad question, and no I am not asking you to do it for me. I simply need some guidelines to apply structure and logic to this project.
Any useful input is greatly appreciated!
Read more here: Request for guidelines on API integration in WordPress